Help To Buy Healthy Food
Most people don’t know about the Healthy Start offer
If you’re more than 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under 4, you may be entitled to get help to buy healthy food and milk.
If you’re eligible, you’ll be sent a Healthy Start card with money on it that you can use in some UK shops. You can use your card to buy:
- plain liquid cow’s milk
- fresh, frozen, and tinned fruit and vegetables
- fresh, dried, and tinned pulses
- infant formula milk based on cow’s milk
You can use the card to get free vitamins as well.
Do you qualify?
If you get Universal Credit or Child Tax Credit you probably qualify, but there are some income rules as well.
Click here to see the rules and to apply
How much is it?
You’ll get money added onto your Healthy Start card every 4 weeks. While you qualify, you’ll get:
- £4.25 each week of your pregnancy from the 10th week
- £8.50 each week for children from birth to 1 year old
- £4.25 each week for children between 1 and 4 years old
Your money will stop when your child is 4 years old, or if you do not get benefits that make you eligible.
Apply here, on the NHS website https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/