Saving feels good, winning feels great.
PrizeSaver is a savings account with monthly prizes
Open a PrizeSaver account and you also have the chance to win up to £5,000 in a free monthly Prize Draw.
Saving just £1 gives you a chance of winning. You get more chances to win with each pound you save, up to £200.
How does PrizeSaver work?
It’s simple. When you save with PrizeSaver, every £1 in your account (up to £200) is a chance to win and boost your savings.
Participating members will be entered into the monthly draw with savers in other credit unions. The main prize is £5000, and there are 20 other prizes every month. There is nothing else to do: just save a bit each month (or put in the full £200) and we will let you know if you’re a winner!
Please let us know if you would like to open a PrizeSaver account and we will set this up for you. Once you have the £1 minimum in your shares account, this is the first place for additional savings. You can add to the account by transfer from your shares account, or by regular contribution, for example from salary payments.
If you want to pay into your PrizeSaver account by bank transfer or standing order, please use your member number and the word Prize as a bank reference: e.g. 12134 Prize
That’s it really, though you can read the detailed rules, and a privacy statement by downloading this document.
- You must be 18 or over to open a PrizeSaver account.
- The minimum balance is £1.00
- Manage your account online or via our app
- Deposit by Payroll savings, bank transfer, or from your Child Benefit payments
- Add a bank reference to bank transfers: use your member number and the word Prize, e.g. 12134 Prize
- Enjoy FSCS protection up to £85,000
- Every pound you save, up to £200, gives you a chance to win up to £5000 each month
- Saving more than £200 in this account will not improve your chances of winning
- PrizeSaver savings will also qualify for dividend payments
- You can withdraw your savings at any time
- That’s it really, though you can read the detailed rules, and a privacy statement by downloading this document.
To open your PrizeSaver account email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a deposit please set up a standing order or make a bank transfer, below are the details you will need:
Wiltshire and Swindon Credit Union Ltd
Account number 04242184
Sort code 30-97-41
Please make sure that your payment has a bank reference ‘1234 PRIZESAVER’ ,(1234 being your Acorn membership number)
- Available to members over 18 years old
- Minimum £1 balance
- Maximum £200 balance
- Account balance qualifies for dividend
- Balance up to £200 qualifies for a monthly prize draw
- No penalty for withdrawals
The PrizeSaver Account is available to all members aged 18 years and above.
Deposit by Payroll savings, bank transfer, or from your Child Benefit payments
Add a reference to bank transfers: use your member number and the word Prize, e.g. 12134 Prize
Financial services compensation scheme
All accounts benefit from our participation in the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a credit union is unable to meet its financial obligations. All depositors with the credit union are covered by the scheme.
Find detailed PrizeSaver terms here, mainly how it is organised, detailed rules and privacy considerations.